Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Technology: Friend or Foe?

Is all the new/modern technology a friend or foe to you? How do you cope if you are not computer literate or know someone who is? I remember when I bought my first home and the Realtor® carried around a printed list of the houses for sale in the area. OMG, she didn't even have a cell phone or GPS device/system. That's a long way from where we are today.

Just this weekend I used my Droid to text, call, and GPS, used a USB Thumb Drive to transfer some files from my work PC to my laptop, used an external hard drive to backup my laptop files, printed on wireless printers at home/office, scanned to email, blogged/tweeted, resized/used filters on digital photos, began implementing a new IDX solution into my Homes for Sale Warner Robins GA website, and synched my phone and laptop. As soon as the Central Georgia MLS is available for the IPad (soon), I'll be hopping on that bandwagon.

Why do I try to catch up/keep up/stay up with technology? It helps me do my job smarter, quicker, and more efficiently. At least 30% of my clients communicate almost exclusively via text messages. To stay competitive, and avoid the risk of losing younger clients, I observe the Generation Y crowd to see what's important to them. If learning a new technique, device, or system allows me to reach/keep a larger segment of the real estate population, I will gladly take on the challenge.

For me, technology is a friend I warmly embrace. How about you?

Anita Clark Realtor LLC

Your Warner Robins Realtor®

(478) 953-8595 (O)

(478) 960-8055 (C)

Email: Your Warner Robins Realtor

Web: Homes for Sale in Warner Robins GA

Blog: Warner Robins Realtor Blog

Homes for Sale Warner Robins GA | Homes in Warner Robins | Military Relocations to Robins AFB | Realtor Warner Robins GA | Warner Robins GA Localism | Houses in Warner Robins | Warner Robins MLS Search | Robins AFB Realtor | Homes for Sale in Middle Georgia | Warner Robins Real Estate

No comments:

Post a Comment